How keto diet can help men to lose weight

A ketogenic diet, or Keto diet as it is simply known, is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet with adequate amounts of proteins that has, for long, been used as an effective plan for weight loss. This diet forces the body to burn fats instead of carbohydrates. As a result, the body is sent in a ketosis state, which forces it to use stored fat as the primary source of energy. This in turn compels your body to burn huge amounts of fat; hence, you get almost guaranteed weight loss. With that said, here’s a detailed look at how the diet works.

How the Diet Works

Under normal circumstances, your body depends on glucose it gets from the food you consume, to provide the energy needed for the normal functioning of your body. However, the body is designed in such a way that it cannot store huge amounts of glucose; specifically, it can only store a 24 hour supply of glucose. And after the 24 hours have elapsed, your body will be forced to burn up the stored fats to produce the energy that’s needed for the normal functioning of the body. Consequently, your body will be forced to lose huge amounts of stored body fats, which translates to losing body weight.

Maintaining weight loss

To keep the process going, a keto diet helps the body to burn fats around the clock by simply limiting the amount of carbohydrates and sugars your body is getting. At the same time, it concentrates on making fat the primary source of energy for the body by enhancing its consumption. To achieve this, 80% of the food you consume in your diet has to include fatty foods, while the remaining 20% can include equal portions of proteins and carbohydrates. However, to stay safe, it’s recommended that you get a diet that has been typically worked out by a dietician or a nutritionist with special training, since mimicking starvation to force the burning of fats can be a bit of a challenge, especially for those who lack the necessary facts about the diet.A cyclical keto diet is a plan that allows you to follow a standard keto diet from, let’s say, Monday to Friday with at least three workouts; followed by loads of carbohydrates on the weekend with no exercise. In other words, the diet allows you to store some carbohydrates energy during the weekend, which may prevent your body for entering a starvation mode once you embark on the diet. This plan gives a two day vacation from a standard keto diet.

Following a keto diet

Often times, most people who follow the diet get fatigued during the first week of the plan. That’s because that’s the week when the body will be trying really hard to adapt to ketosis. To stay safe, or defeat the temptation of giving up before you even start, it’s advisable to follow a cyclical keto diet for the first two weeks before switching to a full time standard keto diet.

Anyone with a European health card can consult an experienced dietician or nutritionist for a proper guidance on how to follow the diet. This is actually necessary if you’re looking for appropriate ways of dealing with fatigue or any other difficulty that’s likely to be encountered along the way.

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.