One of the most commonly known diseases that can wreak havoc on the health of human beings is diabetes also known as Type 1 and type 2. Diabetes makes your body an abode for a well-known lot of medical issues and other diseases. Bladder is one of the main body parts to be effected due to diabetic conditions. Also your bladder provides indications of your being diabetic through various symptoms frequent urination being one of them.
It is because, in diabetes, surplus amount of glucose gets build up in the bloodstream. Our kidneys then face difficulty in running the process of filtering and absorbing the excess glucose. When your kidneys are not able to keep up, this surplus glucose is eliminated into your urine taking along the vital fluids from your body. This is the reason frequent urge to urinate triggers. It leaves the person very dehydrated. And if you drink more water to satisfy your thirst, you’ll end up urinating even more.
Let’s explore more facts to understand the relation between Diabetes and Urination:
- Increased urination is a medical condition known as polyuria. The risk of Polyuria is increased if the diabetes is not managed effectively.
- Listed are the urinary problems that come up diabetes:
- Bladder become overactive due to the contractions because of which there occurs a frequent urge to urinate.
- Muscles get pulled out of body through fluids and because of which tissues related to excretion also get weak. Leakage is also possible in that scenario.
- You would also experience that you are unable to evacuate your bladder properly. This ways if you retain the urine, most likely you would experience kidney infections resulting to permanent damage and other forms of bladder infection.
- High level of blood sugar can become a home for bacteria and can also give rise to Urinary Tract Infections. Wherein you might feel bloated, pain while urinating and even a pain in the back.
- Listed are a number of problems apart from urinary that one start experiencing with excessive Urination.
- Excessive thirst is another problem and another medical condition known as Polydipsia.
- You will feel tired as frequent urination leads to dehydration making your body unable to perform well.
- Rapid weight loss can be experienced as frequent urination leads to the loss of glucose in the body and if glucose doesn’t reach the cells, it will lead to continuous hunger. Both condition combined, there will be lot of weight fluctuations.
- It can even lead to loss of eyesight as excess urination pulls the vital fluids from bodily tissues including the eyes.
- Treatment methods and options are available for these an overactive bladder conditions such as medication, timed urinating, Kegel exercises, surgery, electrical stimulation and catheterization.
The key is to be aware in the first place and recognizing early signs. Drinking water is definitely beneficial for health as it helps remove the glucose from the kidneys. Control over our blood sugar levels can help avert these issues. If you are suffering from diabetes, do note the changes in the urination frequency or the urge to urinate. Also regularly check for symptoms like infections, weight fluctuation, incontinence or other symptoms listed above as they might reflect the problem. With meticulous and cautious self-monitoring, someone suffering from diabetes can delay or totally prevent these diabetic-bladder problems that require medical attention. You can get down to the path of recovery if you adopt habits like timed voiding, double-voiding and most importantly exercise. Since diabetic bladder cannot be totally prevented, it’s good to take precautions and surely you can have an eventual recovery.