Moles are one of the most common types of skin disorders. Usually, moles are not life threatening, but sometimes they are very frustrating and problematic when it comes to esthetics. They can be pigmented or skin-colored. Generally, they arise in the pigment-producing cells called melanocytes of the skin and can appear at birth or later in life.
Moles are not harmful, but sometimes they become malignant. So, whenever you see moles at any part of your body, it is advisable to go to your dermatologist and take the best treatment as soon as possible. However, mole removal London has the best treatment methods for removing moles completely from your skin.
Generally, moles can appear alone or in a group at the any part of your body. Most of the moles on the skin are flat, but sometimes raised moles are commonly seen. They develop during the childhood, young adulthood and they also develop during the first 25 to 30 years of a person’s life.
Moles / Melanin: In medical term, moles are the dark insoluble pigment that is found in humans in the skin, hair, and the choroid layer of the eye. They are a very common type of growth on the skin. Commonly they are also known as nevus and nevi. They often appear as small, flesh-colored, blue, black, and dark brown colored spots.
Adults who have light complexion skin, often have in between 10 to 40 moles by adulthood and it is normal. The life cycle of an average mole is about 50 years. As the time passes and your age grows, they usually change slowly becoming raised and lighter in color. They occur when melanocytes in the skin grow in a clump instead of being spread throughout the skin. They may darken after vulnerability to the sun, during the teen years and also during the pregnancy period.
Symptoms of Moles
Most of the people ignore moles that are present on their skin, but sometimes moles can be a type of skin cancer which is called melanoma. Melanoma can grow in a mole or near the mole area. This type of skin cancer can be cured, if it is diagnosed early and well treated by your dermatologist.
The first warning sign of melanoma is that if you notice some changes in a mole’s color, size, and shape. The second sign of melanoma is a new spot that looks very different from all of the other spots on your skin. If you ever observe one of these warning signs, then you should consult your skin doctor.
The third and most important warning sign of melanoma is ABCDE rule. This is the important characteristic to consider when examining moles.
- A is for Asymmetry: One-half of nevus or mole does not match the other spots on your body.
- B is for Border: As its name indicates, the borders of your mole are uneven or blurred.
- C is for Color: The shades of the moles are changing day by day from brown to black or sometimes with patches of pink, red or blue.
- D is for Diameter: Usually, when diagnosed, melanomas are larger than 6mm and sometimes they can be smaller.
- E is for Evolving: Your skin lesion looks different from the rest of your body spots or they can be changing in size, shape, and color too.
Surgical methods to treat moles
If you are tired of continually struggling with skin spots or moles, then you are at the right place, here you find the perfect solution to get rid of moles completely. Generally, moles are treated by below-mentioned methods. Prior to treating the mole, most of the dermatologists take a small sample of tissue of the skin, where mole is present and having it analyzed under the microscope. This process is called a biopsy.
- Surgical shave method: This is a method in which a dermatologist usually uses a surgical flat scalpel or a razor to shave off the mole properly from the skin and stitching the affected area to close. This method provides the best results.
- Surgical excision method: In this method, a dermatologist cuts out the entire mole by using a surgical knife after giving anesthesia.
Once a mole is removed, your skin will be healed as time passes. But, it is also advisable that after taking proper treatment, you need to do some changes in your lifestyle. So, the moles does not come again.