Peanuts are everybody’s favorite. An easy to munch crunchy snack which is loaded with nutrients, fiber, protein and heart-healthy fats. Proteins and fibers both make you feel full, which in turn helps in burning extra calories. Also, having a serving of peanuts in a day reduces your overall calorie intake during weight loss. Here are few tested and proved benefits of munching peanuts in your daily life.
- Peanuts and peanut butter are loaded with fibers and proteins and keep you satisfied and full for a longer period of time which in turn helps you in managing the hunger.
- Peanuts are also responsible for increasing your metabolic rate. Researchers have noticed that energy expenditure on peanuts and peanut butter eaters is 11 percent greater than the regular peanut consumption.
- The good fats present in the peanuts provides taste satisfaction and satiety so that you don’t get unnecessary cravings. They’ve high content of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats which have been shown to help lower down cholesterol and the rate of heart attack. A study shows that the traditional ‘Mediterranean’ diet consists of a large amount of unsaturated fat which maintains a healthy diet practices over a prolonged period of time.
- Peanuts stabilize your blood sugar level with their low glycemic index. This, in turn, means that they’re digested slowly and releases sugar into the bloodstream steadily. They also provide energy which lasts long.
- Peanut butter is processed with hydrogenated oils and sugar which are loaded with lots of essential nutrients to keep your health in the most optimum condition.
- You can combine peanuts with high protein foods to feel fuller. Around 4 grams of serving will keep you satiated for the rest of the day. You can add a few peanuts to a prawn stir-fry or on top of a grilled steak salad. Along with this, you can also try a satay sauce made of peanuts and incorporate it with chicken.
- Since they are high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat, they’ve been shown to lower down bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol. They’re also responsible for reducing the rates of coronary heart diseases and suppresses appetite naturally. They’re a dense source of vitamin E and are abundant in beta-sitosterol, an essential nutrient which is necessary to inhibit cancer growth and protects against heart diseases.
- Peanuts also contain isoflavones and saponins which have anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. Along with this, it also contains additional vitamins such as B6 and folic acid and minerals such as magnesium, copper, zinc and selenium.
Try these recipes:
- Mix nuts with raisins or sultanas for a high energy snack.
- Grab a bottle of peanut butter and spread it on the bread. Use sliced bananas or grated apple as the topping.
- Stir fry vegetables and beef and toss law peanuts into them.
- If you’re following a diet plan, then spread a little peanut butter and honey on crispbread. Alternatively, you can add nuts to a slice recipe or a low-fat biscuit. Crush nuts and mix it with soy sauce and use it as a dipping sauce for Vietnamese rolls. You can also have a look at the foods offered by Nutrisystem and can save using Nutrisystem coupon code.
Peanuts are a high-end source of fats, nutrients, fibers and simply everything that you need. However, they’re rich in fats so you ought to be careful about eating them in proper proportions so that you don’t gain any weight.